The Oldest Profession (1967)
aka Le Plus Vieux Métier du Monde
Genre: Comedy | Drama
Country: France | West Germany | Italy | Directors:
Claude Autant-Lara (segment “Aujourd’hui”)
Mauro Bolognini (segment “Nuits romaines”)
Philippe de Broca (segment “Mademoiselle Mimi”)
Jean-Luc Godard (segment “Anticipation, ou l’amour en l’an 2000”)
Franco Indovina (segment “Ère préhistorique, L'”)
Michael Pfleghar (segment “La belle époque”)
Language: French | Subtitles: English (Optional, embedded in Mkv file)
Aspect ratio: Widescreen 1.66:1 | Length: 116mn
Bdrip H264 Mkv – 1196×720 – 23.976fps – 4.31gb
A collection of sketches on prostitution through the ages.
1) “The Prehistoric Era”: A caveman discovers that a cavewoman is more attractive when cave paint is applied to her face. And she can earn more seashells that way.
2) “Roman Nights”: The Emperor goes out seeking a little nocturnal amusement, only to find that the high-priced, Oriental courtesan he hires is his wife, the Empress.
3) “Mademoiselle Mimi”: In revolutionary France, Mimi finds that her client, the nephew of a marquis, is more interested in watching the guillotinings out her window than he is in going to bed.
4) “The Gay Nineties”: When Nini discovers by accident that her antiquated customer is a banker, she pretends to be an honest woman who has fallen in love with him. She even pays him, just like a gigolo!
5) “Paris Today”: Two girls pick up clients by driving around in a car, and then an ambulance. Police pull the vehicle over for speeding.
6) “Anticipation”: Demetrius has just arrived on Earth from another galaxy. But the girl brought to him by the commissar, Hostess 703, is not a “physical love” girl; she’s a “sentimental love” one, who only knows how to excite men with language.